electrician doing maintenance to house breakers panel holding a screwdriver gray summit mo


Q. When should I consider calling an electrician?

An electrician should be called for any electrical work that involves removing a device, fixture or other electrical connection and need. A good qualified electrician will ensure all of the wiring rules are following and that you and your home or business will remain electrically safe.

Q. Why would I need a new electrical circuit?

Sometimes circuits can become overloaded by adding new appliances or other equipment in the area. A new circuit helps to ensure that nuisance breaker tripping doesn’t happen.

Q. What do I do if my circuit keeps overloading?

Call Cain Electric for a circuit evaluation to make sure there isn’t a underlying problem causing the breaker to trip. If it is overloaded then a new circuit should be run to eliminate the overloading or moving some loads to other sources for power.

Q. I have too many power strips behind my entertainment center and want to reduce the clutter. How can Cain Electric help me?

By adding additional outlets you can get rid of the strips and have a wall outlet for each device.

Q. Do you install ceiling fans?

Yes, we can install ceiling fans in new locations, replace light fixtures with ceiling fans or replace an older fan with a new.

Q. Can you change an existing switch to a dimmer switch?

Yes, as long as it is for lighting loads only.

Q. Why is a breaker in my panel feel hot to touch?

It is either overloaded or has bad connections and needs to be evaluated by an electrician.

Q. How can I tell when an electrical outlet is not safe or needs to be replaced?

When it is loose and does not hold a cord snug or if it feels warm or hot when in use or while using a different outlet on the same circuit.